Books! Books! Books!

I don't know about you guys, but I love to read and always have. When I was growing up I had a papasan chair (you remember those right?) which was my reading spot. It sat right beside my bedroom window. I kept a blanket draped on it at all times, always ready for a cozy afternoon of reading.

Of course when my kiddos were itty bitty, my reading time diminished greatly. It has been in the past couple of years that I have been able to rekindle my love of reading, and so last year I set a purposeful goal to read more.  It started with good ole fiction reading, but I soon found myself getting too wrapped up in the storyline I was devouring and not doing the dishes or laundry lol.

Also, about a third of the way into the year I began to experience a new desire for wanting to understand the Bible on a deeper level and really learn how to study it. This lead to the rest of the year's reading being filled with non-fiction books. I began to read to learn. Whether it was about social injustice, the Christian faith, or parenting/adoption, I made a list and started checking them off throughout the year. And as the "books I read" list increased, the "books I want to read" list doubled in growth!

I recently shared on social media a book I had just finished called Rhythms of Renewal by Rebekah Lyons (which was a fabulous read). There were several comments about wanting to read this book so I thought it would be kind of fun to do a little blog series to share other books I've read over the last year.  I personally love reading these kind of blogs (which is why my "to read" list is so long lol) so over the next few days I'll be sharing about the books straight off my bookshelf with a short description for each. The topics will be Christian Living, Social Justice, Adoption and I'll through in some fiction too just for fun. I'll wrap it all up by sharing a few books off my "want to read" list for this year. I hope you find something that intrigues and challenges you!


Happy Reading!



But you will receive power when the 
Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will 
be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all 
Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
Acts 1:8

Comments

Popular Posts