Book List #5 "To Read"

Ok. Here it is. The last book list! These books are straight off my "to read" list and I'm looking forward to checking each of them off. Did I mention I love to read? lol

This list has books that I hope teach me something new and also enhance my understanding and love for Jesus. I expect them to challenge and motivate me to genuinely love others well and boldly seek opportunities to serve and share the truth of the Gospel. So without further ado...

Be the Bridge by Latasha Morrison
- This book discusses racial tensions within and without the church and what we as Christians can to "be the bridge" to racial reconciliation.

Risen Motherhood by Emily Jensen and Laura Wilfer
- This book discusses the connection of the gospel and motherhood.

His Testimonies, My Heritage by Kristie Anyabwile
- This book is a collection of devotions by a diverse group of women of color. It works through Psalm 119 from different cultural viewpoints.

Glorious Weakness by Alia Joy
- In this book, Alia shares her journey of realizing her weakness is what leads to closer intimacy and dependence on God.

Everybody Always by Bob Goff
- I have actually already purchased this book and have it in que. This book challenges it's reader to love people without distinction and limits.

When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert
- So I've already read a few chapters of this book but have not yet finished it. It talks about how "helping" people with good intentions can often cause more harm than good. It then explores ways and processes to actually be a real help to vulnerable people.

Imperfect Courage by Jessica Honegger
- Jessica is the founder of Noonday Collection and shares her stories of her journey of adopting her son and building one of the fastest-growing and most successful fair-trade companies in America. She shares how it took imperfect courage to step out of her comfort zone and into the unknown to make a difference in the world around her.

Hopefully, you saw a book or two to add to your own reading list. Reading is such a treasured gift that I never want to take for granted. I hope you enjoy a year of good books that both entertain and challenge you to think and act in new ways!

Happy Reading!

But you will receive power when the 
Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will 
be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all 
Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
Acts 1:8


Comments

Popular Posts