Book List #2 Adoption

So of course I would be remis if I didn't have a book category for adoption. This list is the shortest one and I realize may not be for everyone. However, I encourage you to read through the descriptions because you may be surprised.

All You Can Ever Know by Nicole Chung
- This book is a beautiful memoir recalling Nicole's experience with transracial adoption. She explores the highs and lows of growing up the only Asian in a white family and community. She shares her journey to find her birth parents and begin a family of her own. It is both heart warming and heart wrenching to see the story of adoption through the eyes of the adoptee. I really enjoyed this book, and not just because I'm an adoptive mom.

The Connected Child by Karen Purvis
- Ok, I may be cheating here because I didn't read this book in 2019. I read it when we were in process to adopt Cai, but I can't have an adoption book list without this one on it. This is probably my most recommended book of all to both adoptive/foster parents and non-adoptive parents. And maybe it isn't completely cheating because I frequently pick this one up for a quick refresher on my parenting game lol.

Happy Reading!

But you will receive power when the 
Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will 
be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all 
Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
Acts 1:8

Comments

Popular Posts