Welcome to Our Story

Hello all, and welcome to my blog!
We have been so excited to share our news with everyone and have had a hard time keeping it quiet! (Especially the kiddos. LOL!) So now that "the cat is out of the bag", I want to share more details about what brought us to this decision.
Adoption is something that has been on our hearts since before Dustin and I married. We have always talked about wanting biological children and also adopting. Fast forward 4 years into our marriage and along comes our sweet Tucker. When he was about 6 months old, the adoption desire started to stir again. Having read about human trafficking and how many orphans it affects, honestly made me think... If there are that many children suffering and we have the command to take care of orphans, then why would we wait any longer?
Naive... I know. But Dustin and I discussed it and we decided to request an application from Lifeline Children's Services and get the ball rolling.
Has there ever been a time in your life when you just decided to do something and didn't really pause to pray or ask God for direction? This was one of those times for us. I just didn't think there was any reason to "pray it over".  I mean, the need was there.  The command was there. So, duh.  Right?
Um...God had other plans for our family. Before we could finish filling out the application and mail it in, (this was the old days, before everything was done through websites and email) we found out we were pregnant with our second child, our precious girl, Charleigh.
So, of course at that time we thought it wise to put adoption on hold.

Now, 7 years later, having been blessed with our precious Ellie, we have three beautiful children ages 8, 6, and 4. Typically, at this point, lots of people think our family is big enough.  But we feel children are a blessing and our quiver is not yet full. This Mother Teresa quote fits us perfectly, "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers." She was one wise lady!
So this leads me to say that even through all the starts, stops, and pauses, God has not quenched our desire to adopt.
A desire I believe He placed in our hearts more than 11 years ago.  A desire that He is starting to bring to fruition.
Am I scared? You betcha!
Am I questioning my ability to care for 4 children? Of course!!!
Am I trusting God with what He has called our family to? Yes, every single day I have to make a conscious effort to trust Him and His plan.
You see, it wasn't our plan to grow our family like we have.  I mean, the first one was totally God's timing (that's a story for another day).  Then, within 16 months, number two arrives on the scene.  Definitely not the way we had it planned. LOL! And, let's be real... the third one caught us off guard as well.
But that was God's plan for our family and it was far better than any plan I could ever make. I couldn't imagine our family any different and He has been faithful through it all. Of course, I have a plan for how our adoption should go, but I know that no matter how many twists and turns may come, I can trust His plan to be greater than I could ever imagine. Now it's time to sit back and enjoy the journey!  And I would love to have you come along.
Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts