What's in a name?

Well...I'm finally back.
It's been quite a while since my last blog and I've been super busy.  So unfortunately, blogging had to take a back seat for a little while.  But hopefully now I can get back to it on a more regular basis (but I'm not making any promises, lol).  Now, just because I haven't been blogging doesn't mean that things have stopped happening.  As a matter of fact, a lot has happened since my last blog post...we are currently in the final step of our adoption, which is the court process! But before I go into those details, I want to share with you our little guy's name.

Let me start at the beginning...
     A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
          Oh wait, wrong beginning, 😄.
Back around October of last year, we knew we were going to adopt a little boy from India, who would be very young, and we began to talk about the possibility of getting to name him. So, the researcher that I am, I decided to see if India is mentioned anywhere in the Bible.  And it is (thank you Google).  In the book of Esther.  The territory that King Ahasuerus rules during that time period extends from India to Ethiopia. This is the only mention of India, and is written in the first chapter.  So of course I go ahead and read the rest of Esther.  Now, I have read the book of Esther several times, I enjoy the story.  However, all the times before I focused more on Esther and didn't really pay as much attention to her cousin.  It says "When her father and her mother died, Mordecai (her cousin) took her as his own daughter".  He adopted her! And as the story continues you see how Mordecai's wisdom, loyalty, and faith not only help Esther, but also help save his people, the Israelites. (Go ahead and take a break here to read it.)  So as I'm reading all this, the name Mordecai sticks with me and the significance of him adopting Esther.  After talking with Dustin, we agreed that if we got to name the child we're adopting, then we would name him Mordecai, and call him Cai for short.  So as March arrived, we were matched with a beautiful 6 month old baby boy named Pratham. We knew we wanted him to keep his Indian heritage, but also felt that 5 months prior we had been given a name for our little guy, so... without further ado... we are naming our sweet baby boy Mordecai (Cai) Pratham Teat.

So, now that you all know his name, I will cease referring to him as "our little fella" and call him by his name, lol.

Now, on to the court process!
This is the last of three approvals we need from India in order to adopt Cai. The court process is where a judge in the state Cai lives in will review our petition to adopt him and give us the final approval and court order to adopt.  Once we receive our court order, all that is left is to get his birth certificate and passport.  Then we will travel to India and finally meet our sweet Cai, and bring him home.  I can not wait!!!

Last week we received a court date of August 3rd, which is only 2 weeks away!

Please join us in praying for that date, and all who are involved in the decision.  Pray that their hearts are softened to adoption and we find favor with them, so that they give us the written approval and we can move forward to traveling to India.
Our case worker told me that it is possible they will make the final decision that day, but is is also possible they will schedule another court date to discuss things further.
Mordecai's 1st birthday is quickly approaching in September and I have been praying the past few months that he gets to celebrate it at home with us.

To say I'm a little anxious is an understatement. I have had to pray frequently for God to calm my heart and remind me His timing is perfect and He is in control, even when I am not.  The waiting for this final approval has been the hardest part for me so far.  Because that's all I can do.  Wait and pray.  But I know that although I am not able to do anything else, God is at work in my heart, in my family here and in India.  I know He is going before me.  I know that He is holding Cai and preparing him to meet us, just as He is preparing us to meet him.  How do I know this?  Because I know my Father in heaven.  I know He hears my prayers, and I know He who began a good work brings it to completion!


I will not leave you as orphans;
I will come to you.
-John 14:18

Comments

  1. Rejoicing with you my sweet friend. We are beyond excited as well. Love the name, story behind it. He will be one blessed little man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts